Top 5 drinks to boost your Immunity
“It is health that is the real wealth, and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
The aforementioned saying by our Father of the Nation holds true in the present situation where we are more concerned about our health and well being rather than the materialistic gains. Thanks to COVID-19 pandemic for teaching us to value our physical and mental health more than money and other materialistic pleasures. A good immunity is the synonym of good health, if you have good immunity you can fight any germs, bacteria and viruses and recover well from any kind of illness. Keeping in mind the relevance of immunity booster drinks these days, I have tried to collate the list of top 5 immunity booster drinks that you should consume regular in the prescribed quantity to get the maximum benefits.
- Amla Juice
Amla juice is made from Indian Gooseberry or Amla. It is very popular and common fruit found in the Indian subcontinent. You won’t regret making it a part of your daily diet as it is loaded with a lot of medicinal properties . It is a good source of Vitamin C and many other nutrients. Vitamin C is important in boosting the immunity of your body and helping you to fight from various germs and infections, flu, seasonal allergies/flu. It is advised to consume Amla drink every morning in an empty stomach to build your immunity and flush out the harmful toxins from your body, it is natural detoxifier. Apart from this, it is also beneficial in improving the eyesight, maintaining the blood sugar levels and maintaining the body weight.
Amla juice is also a vital part of your daily skincare routine. All you have to do is dab small quantity of your acne marks, dark spots and pigmentation, leave for a few minutes and wash it off with water. Not only this, regular application of Amla juice closes the open pores on your skin and leaves a natural glow on your skin. If you are suffering from hair fall issues, you should drink the Amla juice regularly as the proteins and amino acid present in it improves the overall health of your hair.
Leh berry or Sea buckthorn berries are the popular berries found in the high altitude regions of Leh and Ladakh in India. It is one of the oldest fruits in the history of mankind but its various medicinal value were made popular very recently. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) endorses and propagates the numerous health benefits of Leh Berry. From ancient times, in Asia, Europe, and Russia, these berries have been widely used as food preservative and medicine. The fact that each and every part of Seabuckthorn plant has certain medicinal value and is used, amazes me a lot. It has approximately 20 minerals, and healthy fatty acids and more than 60 antioxidants. Also, it is the only fruit in the world which comprises of Omega 3, 6, 9 and the rarely found Omega 7. It has abundant amount of Vitamin C which makes it an ideal immunity booster specially during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the consumption of Leh Berry juice should be avoided during pregnancy and lactation.
Health Benefits of Regular Consumption of Leh Berry Juice
- Leh Berry juice has zero calories as the nectar of the fruit doesn’t contain any carbohydrates. Therefore, if you are a fitness enthusiast, you can consume Lehberry juice without worrying much about the additional calories.
- The antioxidant properties of Lehberry juice helps in minimizing skin ageing leaving a natural glow on the skin
- Lehberry juice can be consumed by the heart patients under strict medical supervision as it is lowers the cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels
- Lehberry juice helps in fighting skin allergies
- Regular consumption of Lehberry juice makes the hair strong and lustrous, thereby reducing the hair fall
Aloe Vera- Ashwagandha- Giloy- Tulsi Juice has the goodness of all the immunity boosters and builds your metabolism against the various germs, viruses and bacteria, keeping you healthy 24X7. The regular consumption of this juice is also beneficial in the treatment of Dengue and Chikanguniya. However, you should not drink it during pregnancy, breastfeeding and diarrhoea.
Ashwagandha is a very popular herb in Ayurveda and is used as a herbal tonic for kids and adults. It has a lot of antioxidant properties and reduces the stress/anxiety levels. It is also helpful in reducing the symptoms of depression. The regular consumption of Ashwagandha increases the fertility in men. It decreases inflammation, cholesterol levels and triglycerides levels. Just like Ashwagandha, Giloy is also a popular herb in Ayurveda because of its numerous medicinal properties. It is popularly used as an immunity booster and is loaded with has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is a must have for a healthy liver . Tulsi is one of the oldest medicinal plants that is commonly found in most of the Indian households as it is used for worshipping. It produces antibodies in our body to fight any kind of infection.. Aloe Vera has several nutrients like Vitamins, minerals, calcium, etc. and is s widely used for various medicinal purposes. Also, it is the only plant source for Vitamin B12. Aloe Vera juice is made from the pulp found in its leaves. It has several health benefits – It is an important part of your skincare regime as it helps in fighting skin allergies, skin diseases and skin ageing; It keeps the body hydrated for longer duration specially after workouts; It gives relief from heartburn and constipation; etc.
In India,the best quality of carrots and beetroot are available at the local farmers and are very popular among the people of the numerous health benefits. Beetroot is a popular vegetable in the Indian household. It is power packed with iron, potassium, magnesium, nitrate, Vitamin A, C and B6. Regular consumption of Beetroot juice helps in eliminating skin impurities as it has anti-inflammatory properties. Also, the Vitamin C present in it builds your metabolism to fight against various germs and viruses and prevents you from cold, cough and seasonal flu. It has less calories and is beneficial in weight management. It is an ideal drink to boost your stamina and improves the blood flow. Carrots contain vitamin A and beta carotene in it which is beneficial for your immune system, skin and eyes. You can add carrot in the beetroot juice to enhance its benefits.
Aloevera Juice with Amla
Rosa Mystica India brings to you the goodness of amla and aloe vera. Its healthy and natural Aloe Amla Juice promises blissful health in every sip. It is a natural way to boost your immunity during the difficult time of COVID-19 pandemic when everyone is very cautious about their health and well being. Also, it gives you a glowing skin and strong lustrous hair. Our Aloe Amla juice is made from fresh handpicked amla and aloe vera and contains no added synthetic flavours and external impurities. We recommended you to consume this natural drink every morning on an empty stomach and make it a part of your daily diet to prevent yourself from all sort of diseases.
- Apart from giving complete nourishment to your body, this aloe-amla juice is also the best natural detoxifier. Its regular consumption cleanses your body by flushing out all the unwanted toxins from it. It improves your metabolism rate and helps in managing your body weight.
- It improves your digestive system as it is full of fibre and makes digestion easier. It regularises the bowel movements and helps in getting rid of acidity/gastric problems.
- It is loaded with several vitamins and antioxidants that are very essential for your body. It helps you to get rid of acnes, skin allergies, pigmentation and dark spots. Its regular consumption leaves a natural glow to your dull skin. Its antioxidant properties make it a good anti-ageing drink for you.
- It has the various vital nutrients that are responsible for the growth of healthy hair. It is a must have if you suffer from problems like dandruff, itchy scalp, premature greying of hair or hair fall. It naturally nourishes your skin and helps you to get rid of dandruff, itchy scalp problem. Also, it reduces premature greying of hair and prevents hair fall.
- It controls your cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Thereby, minimizing the chances of heart diseases in the long run. If you have either of these health ailments, this magical drink is advisable for you.